Small businesses are the backbone of the American economy and as local businesses work to reopen their doors, the Perry Main Street Program and the City of Perry are collaborating together to host the first Run Big, Shop Small Virtual Race in support of the small businesses that make Historic Downtown Perry a vibrant place! A portion of the proceeds from every Run Big, Shop Small Virtual Race registration will be donated to the Perry Main Street Program, whose mission is to promote a thriving downtown business district while preserving Perry’s historic resources and character. You are invited to run or walk the distance of your choice and be a part of this unique virtual event that promotes a sense of community while encouraging safe social distancing practices. Runners and walkers of all fitness levels are welcome!
Your $25 Official Registration Includes:
Custom “Run Big, Shop Small” Oversized Medal
Custom Race Bib
Keepsake Event Sticker
Swag Bag from Event Partners (Available at the in-person packet pickup only, while supplies last)
Participants will have the option to attend an in-person packet pickup in Historic Downtown Perry on Saturday, July 11th from 9am-noon or pick up their packet at Community Development (741 Main Street, Perry, GA). If you are unable to pick up your packet in person, you may coordinate to have your packet mailed to you (Additional shipping charges may apply).
How to Participate in the Run Big, Shop Small Virtual Race
1. Register to participate and pledge to complete the distance of your choice from the following options: 1 Mile, 5k (3.1 Miles), 10k (6.2 Miles) or Half Marathon (13.1 Miles)
2. Select a course! You can choose to complete your virtual race almost anywhere – from indoors at your home or a gym to outdoors in your neighborhood or even Historic Downtown Perry itself!
3. Set a date! You can complete your walk or run on the date of your choice (We encourage participation July 16th through July 27th)
4. Run responsibly! We want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable experience!
5. Registration will be capped at 300 participants. Please register early to ensure you are able to participate!
6. Don’t forget to share your race experience by posting your photos to the Facebook Event and by tagging us @shopdowntownperry and @cityofperryga in your posts! We also encourage the use of the following hashtags on social media #runbigshopsmall and #wheregeorgiacomestogether on social media.