First Friday, July 3rd is your ticket to Downtown Macon! Be sure to follow NewTown throughout the day for fun content and promotions! Many restaurants have opened their dining rooms with limited seating– but they are still offering to-go and curbside pick-up options! Want to support your favorite downtown restaurant but not quite ready for dine-in? Get it to go and enjoy outside seating along the Poplar Street and Third Street medians! Some retailers are opening their stores to limited foot traffic with some restrictions. Just like any First Friday, you can support Downtown Macon businesses by ordering takeout from a restaurant, purchasing a gift card, or from a retailer’s online shop!
To help keep everyone safe, here are a few recommendations for enjoying First Friday in June:
1. Observe social distancing and remain 6 feet apart from other downtown patrons and employees as much as possible
2. Wear a mask to protect yourself and others when visiting retailers and enjoying public spaces.
3. Wash your hands. You know the rule: 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
4. Be patient with downtown businesses. Like everyone, they are adapting to a new way of life. They are doing their best to help protect their employees, customers, and themselves while still providing the products and services you love. Be kind.
5. Tip your servers generously. Your servers are working tirelessly to provide you with the same level of service you always expect with additional challenges. Thank them accordingly.
6. Share your positive downtown experience with your friends on social media! Be sure to use #downtownmacon in any positive post.
Dovetail is open for limited dine-in service and curbside delivery Monday-Thursday 5:30pm-9:30pm, Friday & Saturday 5:30pm-10:30pm, Sunday 11:30am-2pm. All carry-out orders $100+ receive a complimentary bottle of wine! Reservations are encouraged. Call 478-238-4693.
Fall Line Brewing Co. is offering limited dine-in and curbside pickup for 6-packs, cases, growlers, crowlers, gift cards, and merchandise 2pm-9pm Tuesday-Thursday and 12pm-9pm Friday & Saturday. $10.99/six pack or $40 for a case. Call 478-200-1957 or order through Facebook messenger.
Famous Mike’s is offering takeout from 11am-2pm and family-style meals (feeds 4 people for $50) for dinner takeout. Call 478-200-1122 to preorder by 2pm.
JBA will be open for limited occupancy 6pm-Midnight.
Just Tap’d Macon is serving food, beer, and wine Tuesday-Thursday 2pm-9pm, Friday & Saturday 12pm-9pm. Call 478-599-9951 for curbside or pick-up!
Ocmulgee Brewpub is offering limited dine-in service and curbside pick up for food and growlers of beer 11am-9pm Monday-Saturday. Call 478-254-2848
Piedmont Brewery & Kitchen is offering limited dine-in service, delivery from Macon 2 Go & Waitr, or curbside side pickup for beer and food from 11am-9pm Sunday & Monday, 11am-10:00pm Tuesday-Thursday, 11am-10:30pm Friday & Saturday.
Reboot Retrocade & Bar is open 6pm-Midnight Tuesday-Thursday, 6pm-1am Friday, 1pm-1am Saturday, 1pm-10pm Sunday
The Rookery is open for limited dine-in service and curbside delivery Sunday-Thursday 11am-10pm, Friday & Saturday 11am-10:30pm. Call 478-746.8658
Wear. is open to the public Monday-Wednesday 2pm-6pm, Thursday-Saturday 11am-6pm.
Z Beans will be open with curbside pickup for all locations from 7am-3pm. Limited dine-in will be available for Mercer Village and Downtown Macon. Order online and pay by clicking Mercer Village, Downtown Macon, Coliseum.